As the cold weather hits us in earnest, it’s time to ensure our homes are appropriately protected against winter weather. I’ve enumerated a few steps below that could prove useful in warding off the adverse effects of the cold and rain.
- Either turn off water to your hose-bibs or simply enclose them in an insulated cover.
- Caulk around drafty windows and doors.
- Service your furnace and change the filter – especially after all that smoke!
- Clean your gutters and patch any exposed nail-heads with roofing tar, along with ensuring the rubber vent collars aren’t cracked.
- Trim back plants and make sure any sprinkler systems are turned off for the winter.
- Finally, have a couple of snow tools – window scraper, snow shovel, etc – on hand just in case!
If you need service providers for any winterization-related needs, don’t hesitate to reach out!